A long-time Alaskan and Anchorage chiropractor, Dr. Tieszen provides a holistic approach to adjustments. Chiropractic techniques including drop table, Activator Methods, manipulation/adjustments, and Kinesiology are used to treat patient needs. Dr. Tieszen is one of the few Alaskan chiropractors that provides the Graston® Technique, making him one of the most versatile and complete chiropractors in Anchorage.
The Graston® Technique takes deep tissue massage to the next level through specialized instruments that are delicate enough to address jaw pain, wrist pain and neck pain, and strong enough to alleviate pain in the largest muscle groups in the back, legs and hips. Graston® Technique is often used to relieve challenging conditions including carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, and stubborn adhesions developed through injury or overuse of muscles.
Graston® Technique Benefits
- Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links, and splays and stretches connective tissue and muscle fibers
- Increases skin temperature to promote healing
- Facilitates reflex changes in the chronic muscle holding pattern
- Alters spinal reflex activity (facilitated segment)
- Increases the rate and amount of blood flow to and from the area
- Increases cellular activity in the region, including fibroblasts and mast cells
- Increases histamine response secondary to mast cell activity
Dr. Neil Tieszen
- Graston® Technique
- SpiderTech Kinesiology